Friday, October 18, 2013

Fly Like a Butterfree; Sting Like a Beedrill

This is my first post of any of my Nuzlocke challenges.  The main reason is because, well, I spend so much time grinding out my pokemon before I ever go into any situation that could be dangerous (gym leader, Dakota (Rival name) encounter, high level pokemon in the wild) so that my pokemon are so high of levels they can take attacks that are super effective against them and still survive.  That is...until today.  Don't get me wrong, I've had plenty of close calls before.  Even a fair share of my team being left at 1HP before (such fighters.  Didn't even need endure).  BUT, the real reason I am posting this is because of the culprit, nay enemy, NAY DEMON who killed my first comrade.  Here is my story:

The other day I picked up my long Nuzlocke challenge that I started with SoulSilver about a year ago.  I opened it up to find old friends that I knew so well.  Oh, I'm sorry, let me introduce myself:  Hi.  My name is DRAGON (Yes, caps lock is necessary.  I always do that for my name.  Strikes fear into my enemies).  My starter is my trusty DEVASTATOR (Also the only other one with a caps lock name.  Also necessary) and he was a totodile, then turned croconaw, and now a ferocious Feraligator who wears his name proudly.  I opened up my game three badges in and chilling in Goldenrod City.
My party was:

  • Devastator (Croconaw)
  • Krunk (Geodude)
  • Kenya (Spearow)
    DEVASTATOR
  • Shocker (Flaaffy)
  • Falcon (Pidgeotto)
  • Hemlocke (Bellsprout)
I was feeling pretty good about myself.  I had defeated all of the trainers in the surrounding areas and felt that it was time to head into the National Park and participate in the Bug Catching Contest.  I knew that I would only be able to catch the first guy I saw so I crossed my fingers and went in.  Dododo-Dododo-DOdodo (Battle noise)...
BEEDRILL!  YES!  It is my lucky day.  I had set Shocker as my first pokemon in my party so that he would be the one that I brought into the park with me due to her thunder wave being able to paralyze fools.  I succeeded!  I caught myself a beedrill!  YEsss.  What shall I name him?  Muhamedali.  Yep.  Now that Muhamedali was added to my party I moved on.  I made my way around, fighting pokemon, grinding, leveling up, picking on Picnickers and Schoolboy's and Lasses.  I made my way around to getting the squirtlebottle and getting past the odd tree ***SPOILER ALERT*** which is really a Sudowoodo.  And was finally on route 37 up to Ecruteak City (Which I just now realized is spelled that way.  I have always thought it was Eucreteak pronounced You-cree-tee-ack...whoa).   Put out Muhamedali first to get his level 14 booty up to a more respectable level.
Dododo-DOdodo (Battle noise again)  who will be my first spotted pokemon on route 37...VULPIX!  WOW!  Caught myself a vulpix, and sent Naruto to box 1.  I made my way to the pokemon center in Ecruteak City, healed my guys up, saved the Dancers in the dance building and headed to the Burnt Tower. Ran into Dakota for the first time in a long time.  He was no match for my Devastator.  Ran into a rattata first...ughhhhh.  Killed him out of frustration.  Saw the three Legendary Dogs as the ran off.  It was a beautiful sight.  Finally could battle the Gym leader.  His name is Morty.  He is a psychic trainer.  I easily rolled through the trainers in his gym making my way through the pitch black room.  Morty was up and he sent out his Ghastly.  Welp, I had DEVASTATOR out first, ready to take em all down with his bite.  First Ghastly went down, then comes Haunter.  One shotted, too.  What's this?  DEVASTATOR wants to learn a new move?  He wants to learn Crunch!  As if bite wasn't deadly enough!  Wait.  What's this?! DEVASTATOR IS EVOLVING??!?!!!  YESsssssss.  So, now I definitely rolled through his second Haunter and his final Gengar even.  

Decided to make my way west after receiving my Fog badge and clearly a ton of respect from my pokemon because now all pokemon up to level 50 will obey me.  Made it west towards Olivine City.  Caught myself a Miltank, defeated a few trainers, and had a good day.  Instead of making my way down to Olivine, I decide to be adventurous and surf east.  I had just recently received the HM for surf and taught it to DEVASTATOR so I was eager to see what I could find.  Made it to Mahogany Town without running into any wild pokemon (Safe for when I go back to try and catch my first one.  I scouted out all that was interesting, couldn't battle the gym yet and just thought I'd check the route up to the Lake of Rage, just for kicks and giggles.  Oh, looky looky, a little Camper trainer.  Hahahaha.  I'll just show him how amazing my pokemon are, level up my Muhamedali again, and then get out of there off to Olivine City.

Worst.  Mistake.  Ever.  

Dododo-DOdodo...Camper Spencer wants to battle.  Camper Spencer sent out Sandshrew.  Go Muhamedali!  Kick his BUTT!  Sandshrew put up a good fight, but Muhamedali was able to wittle him down.  And is now SO close to leveling up.  Camper Spencer sent out...THE DEVIL!  aka, zubat (Not worthy of ANY capital letters).  
Muhamedali does Fury Attack.  Takes down 1/3 of the enemies health.  

And this is where it happened.  

To a zubat

owned by a dumb camper named Spencer.  

zubat does wing attack (WING ATTACK?!?!?!!!  He already knows that?!)  It's super effective.  

Muhamedali...NOOOooooooooo.  One hit K-O.  **tear**

GO DEVASTATOR!  SHOW HIM NO MERCY!  DEVASTATOR rolls all the pokemon.  DEVASTATOR dances on top of zubat's grave.  

Ughhhh.  I cannot believe that this is how my first warrior went down.  I am sorry, Muhamedali.  It wasn't even to a glorious Suicune, or Charizard.  AT LEAST a Seaking or something.  

We all paid our respects.  Had a funeral and burial session for our comrade, ally, and friend Muhamedali.  Now, it's back to the grind again.  Naruto has filled in, but he is badly underleveled.  Luckily, he has inherited the spirit of the man he is named after and I know he will put in a lot of hard work to not be a weak link.  
Naruto
RIP: Muhamedali



My party now consists of:
  • Krunk (Geodude)
    • Headbutt
    • Magnitude
    • Rock Polish
    • Rock Smash
  • Rocky (Onix)
    • Harden
    • Strength
    • Screech
    • Rock Throw
  • Kenya (Fearow)
    • Aerial Ace
    • Mirror Move
    • Pursuit
    • Leer
  • DEVASTATOR (Feraligator)  
    • Ice Fang
    • Agility
    • Surf
    • Crunch
  • Shocker
    • Thundershock
    • Cotton Spore
    • Tackle
    • Thunder Wave
  • Naruto (Vulpix)
    • Tail Whip
    • Roar
    • Quick Attack
    • Will-O-Wisp
With Bloomburg (togepi), Calvin (Dunsparce), Shroombuh (Paras), Draco (Ditto), Falcon, Utters (Miltank), and Paul (Ditto) in reserve in my PC.  

Bring it on, Johto.  DRAGON is back.  Off to Olivine City!  

3 comments:

  1. Frig, zubat got hella buffed at some point by giving him lots of moves like wing attack and bite super early. Probably because everyone hated him so much. Talk about insult to injury. Is your starter at a way higher level than everyone else? its funny seeing a feraligator and a geodude in the same party :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude did you name that Ditto after me? Touched, regardless. Ron this reads like Hemingway. Sparse, direct, muscular. Beautiful work. I was riveted. I'm so sorry about Muhammedali, but I know it won't be in vain. Be the best, Ron. I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Devastator is level 37 now, and I have a few that haven't reached 20 even. I've got Naruto leading the charge trying to level him up. He needs to learn a fire attack other than Will-0-Wisp to be of much use though. Kenya, and Shocker (Flaaffy) are fairly high levels (Upper 20s). Paul, yes, my Paul is named after you.

    ReplyDelete