Friday, November 8, 2013

Optimal Elite Four Shellacking Team

Before I relate to you what I have been up to I want to post a preliminary post.  Throughout this nuzlocke challenge of Soul Silver, I have been accumulating an array of comrades.  The thing is, not all of them can have the same amount of attention given, and thus, some get more attention than others just because they are higher level or were what was needed for the next gym and then they were left in the party by default.

So, what I am asking you, the community is this:  Who do you think I should include in my final team for when I confront the Elite Four?  What would be the "Optimal Elite Four Shellacking Team"?

Here is the list of the pokemon that I have right now whether in my party or in the box and their respective levels.  Keep in mind, though, that some of these are low levels so have that play some factor in deciding who I should train up.  Because the League calls to me and I know that my patience will wear down eventually.

There is one that I know WILL be in my team:

  • DEVASTATOR the Feraligator lvl 50
    • Ice Fang
    • Agility (Up for debate)
    • Surf
    • Crunch

Comments, suggestions, and full team party proposals are welcomed!
Tell me what moves you think each pokemon should know, too!

List:

  • Falcon the Pidgeotto lvl 19
    • Gust
    • Sand-Attack
    • Whirlwind
    • Quick Attack
  • Faramir the Farfetch'd lvl 24
    • Knock Off
    • Aerial Ace
    • Slash
    • Air Cutter
  • *Carnage the Red Gyarados lvl 30
    • Bite
    • Dragon Rage
    • Leer
    • Twister
  • Utters the Miltank lvl 13
    • Growl
    • Defense Curl
    • Stomp
    • Milk Drink
  • Bane the Machop lvl 19
    • Focus Energy
    • Karate Chop
    • Foresight
    • Seismic Toss
  • Triforce the Magneton lvl 17
    • Thundershock
    • Supersonic
    • Sonicboom
    • Thunderwave
  • --Adm AKBAR the Jynx lvl 22
    • Powder Snow
    • Double Slap
    • Ice Punch
    • Mean Look
  • *Shocker the Ampharos lvl 39
    • Discharge
    • Charge
    • Thunderpunch
    • Thunder Wave
  • *Mange the Ghastly lvl 5
    • Hypnosis
    • Lick
    • Spite
  • *Elrond the Dratini lvl 18
    • Extreme Speed
    • Thunder Wave
    • Twister
    • Dragon Rage
  • --Kenya the Fearow lvl 39 (Via trade so she grows quickly)
    • Aerial Ace
    • Agility
    • Pursuit
    • Fly
  • Rocky the Onix lvl 26 (Via trade so he grows quickly)
    • Headbutt
    • Strength
    • Screech
    • Sandstorm
  • Draco the Drowzee lvl 12
    • Pound
    • Hypnosis
    • Disable
    • Confusion
  • *Kronik the Graveler lvl 16
    • Mud Sport
    • Rock Polish
    • Rock Throw
    • Magnitude
  • Dopey the Slowpoke lvl 21
    • Growl
    • Water Gun
    • Confusion 
    • Disable
I put asterisks * next to the ones that I would love to evolve and level up, and bolded the ones that I think I will end up going with, and put dashes -- next to the two that I'm unsure of.
You can recommend a pokemons evolved form, too.
I realize that I have the Victory Road still to catch one more, so I might be adding someone new to this list soon.
Thanks for your help!

3 comments:

  1. I don't know how much you remember about the elite 4 battles, but I made my recommendation with ideas for specific counters. If you want to go in to the elite 4 totally blind, let me know before you read it and I'll remove the spoilers.
    If you want my opinion based soley on badassery, its Devastator, Elrond, Shocker, Mange, Faramir, Draco.

    SPOILERS START HERE
    Elrond, Shocker and Devastator are shoe-ins for sure. I'd recommend either dopey or Draco to help with Bruno. Slowbro is awesome and could handle his rock types in addition to his fighting types, but I really want you to train up a hypno. Either one would do great.
    I love pidgeott, but Kenya is already so much more leveled. I'd probably just go with him for help with koga and bruno (and agatha's ghost attacks)
    Gyarados is hella stronk, but a little redundant based off of the rest of the team I picked. For my last pick I'd either go with Bane for help with agatha/general huge attacks, or admiral ackbar for more help against Lance.

    I really wish you had a fire type. They could sweep through the first 2 battles pretty easily, actually. Can anyone learn flamethrower or anything like that?

    Last thing, I'd get rid of agility on devastator for a tm like earthquake or shadow claw so he can handle more types. I get the feeling hes going to be dishing out the most pain.

    so all together, I'd suggest Devastator, Draco, Shocker, Kenya, Dopey, Bane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the exact type of feedback I was hoping for! Thanks Joe! I'll wait for a little bit more feedback and then make my final decision. For the time being, I will be training up Elrond purely because, well, yeah, he's a dratini.

      OH! I also remembered that I hadn't gotten anyone from Goldenrod yet and went back and got Loki the Eevee lvl 5. I COUULLLD make him into a flareon! (Even though Umbreon is my favorite eevolution by far) What say the community?

      Delete
    2. Joe, I approve of everything you said, though I'd add that Rocky could be a nice mate with the right moves -- resistant to poison, and rock attacks will be super effective against basically all of Lance's party.

      As for Agility, I agree that you should replace it. Don't be afraid to buy some X speed if you want nearly the same effect -- I know, I never bought any ever 'til nuzlocke, but they're nice for the purpose of freeing up a move slot.

      Also, I probs wouldn't use Bane. Effectively, only like two pokemon in the whole elite 4 are actually weak to fighting (Karen's party has some pretty diverse weaknesses), and, though it's true he can dish out general beefiness, I'd expect lots of psychic/flying attacks to be at play. RISKY.

      Delete